Baobab Powder Benefits
You’ve heard a lot about weight loss and your immune system and how to get healthier, right? However, there is something out there known as fresh baobab fruit.
Baobab is a fruit grown on trees throughout Africa, Madagascar, and Australia. The baobab powder itself is made from the pulp of the baobab fruit. The fruit actually naturally dehydrates while still on the tree and it has a thick hard outer shell. To make the powder the pulp is separated from the seeds in the fruit and then is ground up into a 100% natural food additive. It is known for its tangy-sweet flavor.
You will find baobab fruit hanging from a tree in a pod. People have been consuming baobab powder for its significant health benefits. The fruit of the baobab tree has many health benefits which I talk outline below. Check out baobab powder benefits and HOW it can change your life in all the good ways.
What Are Baobab Powder Benefits?
If you’re trying to find a good reason to get healthier, then you will love learning about one of the most nutrient-dense foods out there, known as baobab powder. Let’s talk about the benefits of adding a few grams of baobab powder to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Organic Baobab Powder | 100% Raw from Zimbabwe
One of the biggest benefits of baobab powder or baobab fruit extract is the digestive health it offers! It acts like those prebiotic foods we hear so much about. Baobab powder may also help improve digestion by increasing the amount of good bacteria in your gut microbiome. Basically, this means baobab can help your body to better absorption of nutrients from food as well as improve regularity in bowel movements and minimize the chance for constipation.
The high fiber content found in baobab powder can also help keep you feeling full longer so you don’t overeat throughout the day. One simple way to add baobab powder to your diet is to mix it into your yogurt or oatmeal in the morning. If you don’t like yogurt, then it can be a great addition to almost anything you eat, your digestive system will thank you for it. What to Do with Steel Cut Oats Besides Oatmeal
If you’ve tapped out all of the resources you can find for immune health but it’s not helping, then perhaps baobab powder is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Baobab powder is a superfood that has many health benefits, including boosting your immune system. Baobab fruit is exceptionally rich in vitamin C, and these high levels of Vitamin C help make for a healthy immune system.
Vitamin C helps to increase the production of white blood cells, which are key to fighting off viruses and infections. Baobab powder contains other vitamins such as B2, B12, D, and antioxidants which can help strengthen your immune system. So, if you’re wondering about the positive effects of this tree of life, then you’ll love the health benefits of baobab.
Energy Boosting Properties
Baobab powder can help increase energy levels and reduce fatigue. Vitamin C helps to convert food into energy more efficiently, while magnesium aids in muscle contraction and relaxation. This combination can help you feel energized throughout the day without relying on caffeine or sugar for a quick pick-me-up and aids in the way insulin works in your body. One great way to enjoy the energy-boosting benefits of baobab powder is to add it to your morning smoothie or juice. If you don’t drink smoothies or juice, try adding it to your oatmeal!
- Is Vitamin C Really Good for You?
- Vitamin B12: Everything You Need to Know
- Vitamin D Deficiency is Common: Start Stocking It
The antioxidants in baobab powder can also help protect your skin from environmental damage such as sun exposure or pollution. Vitamin C helps promote collagen formation which can give you radiant glowing skin while preventing wrinkles at the same time. Nutrition research also shows that baobab can help reduce inflammation which can be beneficial for those suffering from skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. You can make a DIY face mask using baobab powder, honey, and coconut oil for an all-natural skincare solution that’s easy to make at home. The 5 Basic Things You Need to Survive
How to Consume This Essential Ingredient
- Add it to your morning oatmeal or yogurt for a nutritional boost. The subtle citrus flavor pairs well with both sweet and savory dishes, so you can get creative with your toppings!
- Sprinkle it on top of salads for a nutrient-rich crunch. Baobab powder contains essential minerals like potassium and magnesium, which are important for maintaining healthy bones and muscles.
- Use it as a natural sweetener in baking recipes. Its unique flavor adds depth to cakes, cookies, muffins, and other treats without adding extra sugar or calories. This is a great way to control blood sugar levels too which are critical for people with diabetes!
- Mix it into your favorite sauces or dressings for added nutrition and flavor. Baobab powder is particularly rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and more! If you’re trying to eat a healthy diet, then you’ll find this ingredient can help aid you!
- Make your own energy bars by combining baobab powder with nuts and dried fruit for a nutritious snack on the go. The soluble fiber found in baobab helps to slow down the release of sugars into the bloodstream, reducing energy spikes throughout the day.
These are just a few ways to incorporate baobab powder into your diet! With its unique taste and impressive nutritional profile, this superfood is sure to become an essential part of your kitchen pantry inventory in no time! If you’ve never tried the nutritional benefits of baobab powder, I suggest giving it a try. I mean, you could even put it on top of your ice cream if you can’t figure out any other way to consume it!
What else is baobab powder known as?
- Baobab fruit powder
- Baobab fruit pulp
- Baobab leaves
- Baobab seed powder
- Baobab oil
How can I store grams of baobab extract?
You’ll want to make sure you store the baobab extract or powder in a cool and dark place. Most of the time, the shelf life is 3 years. So, you can store the extract or powder for quite a long time!
More Health Tips
- Why Drinking Water is So Critical to Our Health
- Mental Health Issues After A Disaster
- How To Eat Healthy For One or Two People
- Symptoms of a Vitamin D Deficiency
What can I add to my baobab powder?
Dehydrated foods are a great way to get even more nutrition every single day! Here is a list of my favorite dehydrated foods:
- How To Dehydrate Blackberries & Make Blackberry Powder
- How To Dehydrate Cilantro
- How To Dehydrate Bananas for Healthy Snacks
- Dehydrate Spinach and Make Spinach Powder
- How To Dehydrate Grapes
- How to Dehydrate Green Onions & Make Powder
- How To Dehydrate Zucchini-Sliced & Cubed
- How To Dehydrate Parsley + Parsley Powder
- How To Dehydrate Celery + Celery Powder
- How To Dehydrate Mango
What if I can’t afford baobab powder?
If you can’t afford it, there are still several other ways in which you can consume healthier foods! Here are some of my best tips:
- Is Dark Chocolate Healthy For You?
- 10 Healthy Foods Under $1
- Healthy Bok Choy Salad Recipe
- 20 Healthy Banana Recipes
- What Is Healthy For My Family To Eat Every Day
- 2-Ingredient Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Healthy Breakfasts You Can Make Quick
- 8 Reasons Why Your Garden May Be Struggling
If you’re trying to get more nutritional value in your food or maybe get down to a healthy weight, then baobab powder is an excellent source of nutrition! The good news is that it’s all-natural and you can purchase it to add even more nutrition to your favorite foods. If you’d like to give the human body some extra essential nutrients, then I hope this list of baobab powder benefits is super helpful to you. May God Bless this world, Linda
Copyright Images: Baobab fruit pulp and seeds Depositphotos_337751718_S, Baobab fruit powder Depositphotos_29948673_S
8 thoughts on “Baobab Powder Benefits”
Interesting. Never heard of it
Hi Matt, I hadn’t either, but I love learning about new products or fruits. Linda
I’ll ditto Matt’s comment.
Hi Ray, I hadn’t heard of it either until something popped up in an email. So I was anxious to learn about it. Linda
I follow Trim Healthy Mama and this was one thing they use in their diet a lot. I want to add it to mine but I wasn’t sure of what it was exactly. Thanks for filling us in!
HI Jess, oh, I love hearing this, thank you for letting us all know Trim Healthy Mama uses it!!! Linda
Great information. My nephew uses it so I knew a little about it – at least how to pronounce it!!
Hi Leanne, I love it! I keep hearing about it so I decided I must research it! Linda