I am reposting my easy-to-make pineapple cream cheese dip appetizer because I love it so much! It’s truly one of my family’s favorite dip recipes to serve at parties! It’s that fun time of year when we have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy time with friends and family during all sorts of holidays. This recipe actually started as a cheese ball appetizer.
We all know how recipes get shared with others, and soon the recipe becomes our modified recipe! This is one of our family’s all-time favorite holiday appetizers. I’m updating this recipe today because I really think you will love it! My family always has appetizers during the holidays.
5 Ingredient Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
This recipe can be made a few days in advance, and then you just add the pecans at the last minute. What I love about appetizers is the fact that you can stand around and chitty-chat while enjoying a small snack in between conversations. Do you know how we look at all the yummy snacks on the table and grab a small plate? We get to laugh and “catch up” with each other. Life is good!
Kitchen Items You May Need:
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese: Soft, creamy, mild-tasting cheese made with milk and cream. The perfect cheese to use when making a dip!
- Crushed Pineapple: Rich in vitamin C, enzymes, and antioxidants. Very sweet, but low in calories. Adds a tropical sweetness to this dip.
- Chopped Pecan: Rich in protein, healthy fats, nutrients, and fiber. A versatile nut that has a crisp, buttery flavor. Adds a crunch to this dip.
- Green Onion (optional): A milder taste than regular onions. Similar to the shallot, chive, leek, and garlic.
- Seasoned Salt (Lawry’s): A tasty and unique blend of salt, spices, and herbs.
Step One: Gather Ingredients – Set Out Cream Cheese
The first step is to let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature to soften so the ingredients will combine more easily.
Step Two: Drain Pineapple
Drain the pineapple in a colander to remove as much pineapple juice as you can. I just drink the pineapple juice, and it would be great in a smoothie as well.
Step Three: Chop Nuts
Next, chop the pecans with a chopper or a knife. I used my old trusted Pampered Chef chopper, I love it and so do my daughters!
Step Four: Combine Ingredients – Mix
Combine the softened cream cheese, the drained crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and Lawry’s Seasoned Salt. Adding green onions is optional. I didn’t use them today, but they do add a unique flavor to the dip.
Use a handheld mixer or food processor to blend the cream cheese mixture completely. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies.
This is truly my all-time favorite dip! I love it because it’s sweet and creamy, wrapped up in one bite! Be sure to eat it when cool, right out of your fridge.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1 20-ounce can drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (Lawry's Salt)
1. Gather all of the ingredients. Let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature to soften so the ingredients combine more easily.
2. Drain the pineapple in a colander to remove as much pineapple juice as you can.
3. Chop the pecans with a chopper or a knife.
4. Combine the softened cream cheese, the drained crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and Lawry's Seasoned Salt in a medium-sized bowl. Green onions are optional.
5. Use a handheld mixer or food processor to blend completely.
6. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies.
What crackers can I serve with this pineapple cream cheese dip?
For a salty option, we like to serve this pineapple cream cheese dip with Wheat Thins, Chicken in a Biscuit, tortilla chips, potato chips, and/or Ritz crackers. This is my favorite way to serve this delicious dip!
For a sweeter option, you could serve this pineapple cream cheese dip with cookies such as vanilla wafers and/or graham crackers, but just about any of your favorite crackers or cookies will work with this appetizer recipe. It would taste so good!
For a savory option, you could serve it with crisps of french bread, crostini, thin slices of sourdough bread, or bagels. There are so many options!
Can I serve this pineapple cream cheese dip with vegetables?
We have served it with crisp celery, carrot sticks, and sliced sweet peppers. Again, just about any veggie will work.
How do I store this pineapple cream cheese dip after I make it?
Store it in an airtight container in your fridge. Don’t leave it out on your counter or table very long, eat it while it’s cool.
Can I freeze this pineapple cream cheese dip?
I wouldn’t. After you freeze cream cheese, the consistency is never the same. It will be crumbly and not creamy. This recipe is best served as a creamy dip! That’s the result we are going for.
How long is this pineapple cream cheese dip safe to store in the refrigerator?
I tend to be extra careful with the food I make and store. If this dip has been refrigerated continually it will last much longer. It should be safe for 3-4 days inside your refrigerator. I would start with a small portion to put out for guests and leave the rest in the refrigerator. I never keep my dip out of the refrigerator for more than one hour. It tastes best when cool.
Could I serve this pineapple cream cheese dip as a fruit dip?
My family loves to serve this as a dip with salty chips or crackers. But there are so many different delicious options! This dip is so versatile and can be served in a variety of ways, depending on the desired result and the type of event in which it is being served.
You could definitely serve it in a dipping bowl as a cream cheese fruit dip served with sliced strawberries, cantaloupe, melon, apples, or any other favorite fruits that your family loves. This pineapple cream cheese dip is a favorite whether served at a BBQ, Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, a wedding or baby shower, or at a potluck dinner.
Could I add protein to this pineapple cream cheese dip?
I really love this recipe as is! But if you were to decide to add a protein, I would recommend adding freshly cooked chopped bacon or ham.
If you’re interested in additional delicious appetizers, check out the following!
- Spicy Meatball Appetizer
- Easy 4 Ingredient Appetizers
- Mushroom and Sausage Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Easy Chipped Beef Appetizer
This is one of my all-time favorite cheese balls or dips to take to parties. Who doesn’t love pineapple cream cheese dip? We serve this at every family holiday get-together. It’s all about teaching our kids and grandkids how to cook and make more recipe favorites from scratch, right? Let me know some of your favorite appetizers, I’d love to share your recipes. May God Bless this world, Linda