I’m digging out my mom’s easy to make 4 ingredient appetizer recipes for you today. I look at my mom’s recipe box every day sitting on a shelf in my living room. It’s truly a treasure. I only wish it had more appetizer recipes in it. I was busy working and thought my mom would live forever. I wish I had asked her for all of her recipes and written them down with her. Are you like me and can almost smell the homemade salads your mom made? I miss the freshly ground pork sausage my dad made.
My parents would buy the pork on sale from a certain butcher and bring it home to grind and make the best sausage in the world. Dang, no one has that recipe! Oh, how I wish I had that one for sure!
I know a lot of them were from my mom’s memory, but I wish I had some of her recipes that no one can find anywhere. Please remember to ask your grandma, your aunts, uncles, sisters or whoever for their favorite recipes. Don’t wait, do it today or tomorrow. It’s fun to hand these appetizer recipes down from generation to generation.
Cottage Cheese Dip
- 1 carton of cottage cheese 24-ounce
- 1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch dry salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- Vegetables of choice
- Combine all of the ingredients together and chill. Serve with your favorite vegetables.
Hot Artichoke Snacks
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can of chopped green chilies 4-ounce
- 1 cup of chopped canned artichoke hearts drained
- Combine all of the ingredients and spread one teaspoon on one slice of your favorite toasted circle bread rounds. Broil until melted. Serve immediately.
French Bread Cheesy Puffs
- 2 cups grated/shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Salad Dressing dry mix
- 1 loaf of French bread sliced one inch thick
- Combine the first three ingredients and spread evenly on the bread slices and broil until lightly brown. (2-4 minutes depending on your oven)
Spicy Ham Spread
- 1 4-1/2 ounces of chopped ham
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded wear gloves finely chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients and serve with your favorite crackers.
Spicy Chili Dip
- 1 can 15-ounce chili without beans
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies
- 1 2.25 ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
- Combine the first two ingredients in a small pan and heat until the cream cheese melts, stir constantly. Add the green chilies and sliced olives. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos (the scoop kind).
My Favorite Dilly Dip
- 1 12-ounce carton cottage cheese, drain if too milky
- 2-1/2 to 3 teaspoons dried crushed dill
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice my favorite is Santa Cruz organic 100% lemon juice
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Refrigerate overnight and serve with fresh vegetables of choice. Sprinkle some fresh dill on top of the dip right before serving.
My Favorite Shrimp Dip
- 2-4 to 5- ounce cans of shrimp chopped and drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 8 medium green onions finely chopped
- Crackers vegetables of choice
- Combine all of the ingredients excluding the crackers and vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 12-24 hours.
Baked Pizza Crackers
- 4 to 5 dozen small round thinly sliced French bread slices
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 ounces of pepperoni sliced and then chopped
- 1-1/2 cups grated/shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Spread the pizza sauce on the French bread slices. Place them on a greased cookie sheet. Now sprinkle the pepperoni on the bread and then the cheese. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake them for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot out of the oven.
Linda Smith’s Hot Beef Dip
- 8- ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar of canned beef rinsed and chopped (you choose the size small or large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Combine all of the ingredients and heat through in the microwave. Serve warm with Fritos.
CDC-Handle Food Safely: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Please let me know if you try one of my family’s appetizer recipes, I would love to hear. Do you love appetizer recipes as much as I do? Let the parties begin! May God bless you for being prepared for the unexpected.
My favorite things: