Do you love appetizers as much as I do? Here are 9 of the best party appetizers ever! You know when you get invited to a get together of some sort and they ask you to bring something and you’re not sure what to bring that will be a real hit without a lot of time or expense? I like to offer to bring an appetizer. I usually always have these ingredients in my pantry, refrigerator or freezer.
I can easily grab the ingredients and make an appetizer in minutes!
The Best Party Appetizers
Cheese-Fresh Fruit Appetizers
- your favorite cheese-sliced
- apples (cut and cored)
- grapes-red and green make the platter look festive
- sliced strawberries
- chunks of cantaloupe
- sliced pears
The appetizer pictured above is always popular at parties. This is a really healthy platter for people to stand around and chitty chat while munching. People love this one and it's a great one to take to the park and enjoy the fresh air with family and friends.
Water Chestnut Appetizers
- 3 cans of whole-water chestnuts-drained
- 1-1/2 pounds thin raw bacon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard this is optional-I like a little kick to mine
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9″ by 13″ inch pan. I cut the package/s of uncooked raw bacon into thirds to make the bacon go further. You wrap a piece of the raw bacon around one water chestnut and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon wrapped chestnuts in the greased pan. Continue until all, or at least most of the chestnuts are wrapped. Bake for 20 minutes. Drain the fat from the pan. This is the hardest part of the whole recipe. Be careful!
Place the ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and dry mustard in a medium-size bowl and whisk until smooth. Cover the baked chestnuts with this mixture and bake an additional 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
This appetizer is probably the first one devoured at any party. You pull the pan out of the oven and people start grabbing the toothpicks to eat them. Yummy!
This is how they look while preparing them:
Sweet Little Smoky Appetizers
- 12-18 ounce jar grape jelly
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 3 pounds Little Smokies
Grab a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and set it on low. When heated through, take it to the party with toothpicks. Everyone loves this one! If you keep some little smokies in your freezer and a couple of jars of jelly and chili sauce in your pantry, this is easy peasy to make and take!
Pineapple-Cream Cheese Dip
- 2- 8- ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 2- 8- ounce cans drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped or 1 tablespoon freeze/air dried green onion optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all season salt-similar to Lawry’s salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend completely. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies
Stuffed Baked Sausage Mushrooms
- 15 large mushrooms or 24-30 smaller mushrooms-washed and dried-remove the stems
- 1-8- ounce cream cheese softened
- 1-16- ounce package of Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage or your favorite flavor
- Chop the mushroom stems if desired, to add to the sausage when cooking it
- green onions-chopped fine optional I never use these
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and crumble the sausage and drain the grease if any. Stir in the softened cream cheese.
- Scoop the mixture into each mushroom. Bake for about 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Serve hot.
Easy Spicy Meatball Appetizers
- ⅓ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Meatballs-precooked about 40-50-depending on the size
Combine the Franks Hot Sauce, brown sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Place the precooked meatballs in a crockpot and cover with the sauce. Cook for about 2-3 hours or until warmed through. Serve with toothpicks and buttermilk ranch dressing and celery sticks, if desired.
I love this recipe because I buy the frozen meatballs from Costco and add the rest of the ingredients from my food storage stash! Get the slow cooker out and it's ready to make another very easy appetizer. They have a little kick, but you can cut down the hot sauce so they aren't so spicy if that is your preference. Serve out of a small slow cooker with toothpicks or place on a platter. This one is perfect for football season parties!
Cranberry-Cream Cheese Bites
- Cream Cheese-softened
- 1 can of Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce 14 ounces
- ½ teaspoon dried and crushed jalapeno peppers more or less depending on personal preference
- 1 box of Triscuit crackers
- Spread a small spoonful of softened cream cheese on each cracker. Combine the jalapenos and cranberry sauce in a bowl. Place a small spoonful of the cranberry sauce mixture on each cracker. Serve immediately.
Hot Chip Beef or Ham-Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chip beef or ham cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onion-chopped or 1 tablespoon air-dried green onion
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and milk with a hand mixer until blended. Add the green onion and your meat of choice. Microwave until it starts to bubble. I like to stir it halfway through the heating process. You can also use a small crockpot to keep it warm. Sprinkle a little green onion on top before serving.
Cheesy Dill-Cream Cheese Pecan Ball
- 2-8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 washed and chopped green onions or equal amounts of freeze-dried green onions
- Pecans or almonds to garnish on top of cheese ball optional
- Combine all the ingredients and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to blend them together. Roll in pecans or sliced almonds if desired. Serve with crackers of choice.
I love “finger foods” for appetizers because I feel like people need more time to talk and laugh together. It seems that social media has taken the closeness of face to face conversation away from some of us. I love social media and use it almost every day, but I firmly believe girls need girls, women need women and friends need friends. Have a great time with friends and family soon. I hope you try some of the best party appetizers! Linda