A few years ago I went to a neighborhood party and someone brought the best mini tacos! They are not the regular tacos that some of us have made for years. I love fried corn tortillas and Mark prefers the ready-made ones from the store. Well, these mini tacos were made with wonton wrappers.
What’s really nice about these mini tacos is that they are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Oh my gosh, you will love these. Now, if you are worried about the Rotel tomatoes being too spicy, just use diced tomatoes (drained) instead.
Do you love Mexican food as much as I do? Let’s talk about the foods that would go great with these mini tacos.
Extra Food Ideas for Mini Tacos
2. Spanish Rice
3. Shredded Lettuce with chopped tomatoes
4. Tortilla chips
5. Queso (1) 10-ounce Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies and (1) 16-ounce Velveeta cheese cut in 1/2 inch cubes. Melt in the microwave in a safe heat bowl for about 5-6 minutes. The dish will be hot.
6. Refried beans with cheese sprinkled on top
Ingredients for Mini Tacos
Ground beef, Wonton wrappers, Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies, grated cheese, limes, sour cream, Cilantro, Roma tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
Grab the ground beef and cook and crumble the meat.
Spray the muffin tins with vegetable oil and place one wonton in each cup.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked meat.
Add the Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (drained) and stir until combined thoroughly.
Scoop one tablespoon of the meat mixture into each wonton. Cover with one tablespoon grated cheese. Place another wonton on top of this layer, and start another layer with the meat mixture and then the grated cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown.
The Best Mini Tacos
- One-pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning (or 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1-1/2 cups grated cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers (approximately 3-inches square)
- Sour cream for garnish
- 1-2 green onions, diced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes (chopped for garnish)
- Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
- 1 lime to squeeze on the finished product (if desired)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grab a frying pan to cook and crumble the ground beef in a little oil if needed. Sprinkle the Taco Seasoning on the cooked ground beef, then add the Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies. Mix until combined together. Spray a muffin pan with vegetable spray. Place one wonton in each muffin cup. Place one tablespoon of the meat mixture in each wonton. Cover this layer with one tablespoon of grated cheese. Now, put one more wonton on top of this layer and start the layering again by adding the meat mixture and cheese again. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown. Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, Cilantro, and a lime squeeze.
Taco Seasoning for Mini Tacos
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a pint size mason jar. When ready to use sprinkle two tablespoons over one-pound ground beef and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked. Serve with taco shells, grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and your favorite salsa. Place a dollop of sour cream on top of each taco.
I really hope you try these mini tacos one night for dinner, or make them for appetizers for your next family get together or party. Thanks for being prepared for the unexpected. May God bless this world.