Today it’s all about how to make a quick and easy sesame chicken salad. It has spinach, bowtie pasta, chicken, green onions, bell peppers, sesame seeds and sugared almonds! The homemade dressing is light and healthy. The salad is good to eat the next day too, even with the dressing on it! BONUS!
One thing about this spinach bowtie pasta salad is the fact you can choose the amount of chicken you would like in it,or zero chicken if that is your thing! You can add more spinach or less, it just depends on the flavor and texture you want. You can add more bell peppers if you want, it still tastes great. More pasta or less pasta.This is a fabulous salad for family reunions because it makes a HUGE bowl of salad. Love it! Of course, you can cut the recipe way down as well. We had eleven people for dinner with homemade bread and we had a small portion left over.
I start with a large silver bowl like this one, it’s about sixteen inches in diameter. American Metalcraft SSB1300 Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, 13-Quart
Sesame Chicken Salad by Food Storage Moms
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts cooked in the oven drizzled with olive oil. You can also use two to three cans of canned chicken 12.5 ounces drained
- 2 packages 16 oz. pasta of choice. I prefer bowtie pasta. Cook as directed on package, rinse with cold water
- Green onions-one bunch sliced
- 1- 16 ounce package of spinach washed, stem and tear if desired
- Bell peppers chopped red, green and yellow (adds color and texture)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup almonds fry the almonds-stir constantly with 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Place all the ingredients (except the dressing) in a very large bowl and then stir in the homemade dressing. Serve immediately.
My favorite things: