This is the best 6 Week Bran Muffin Refrigerator Recipe I have ever tasted! My mom used to make these, and then I carried on the tradition with my daughters. They are a moist delicate bran muffin that you can make with different things every time you “bake a batch“! Sometimes I add raisins, dates, bananas, cranberries, grated carrots or whatever sounds good at the moment!
I also add one tablespoon of Salba Chia to each batch right before I bake them. I don’t add the Salba Chia earlier because it would sprout or swell. This is one more awesome way to get nutrients into every meal! Healthy and yummy! This 6 Week Bran Muffin Refrigerator Recipe is named that since you can keep the batter in your refrigerator and bake the amount you desire each time you bake a batch.
Don’t you just love the smell of bran muffins baking in your kitchen? I used to bake a batch just before my girls would come home from school. You can add so many freeze-dried fruits and vegetables from your pantry, as well. Let me know what you would put in your 6-week bran muffin refrigerator recipe when you bake a batch, I would love to hear!
6 Week Bran Muffin Refrigerator Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups All Bran Buds
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups freshly ground hard white wheat) or white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1- quart buttermilk
- 2 cups frosted flakes or other bran flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour boiling water over the 4 cups All Bran Buds and set aside to soak.
- Start adding all of the other ingredients into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until blended. Stir in the soaking All-Bran Buds and blend until thoroughly combined. Scoop batter into greased muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes. For each batch of 12 muffins, you bake, add one cup of your favorite fruits or vegetables. You can use grated carrots, raisins, dates, bananas, grated zucchini, dried cranberries, grated coconut, and nuts, etc.
- Store the batter in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, bake as many as you want each time you bake a batch.
PRINTABLE recipe: Recipe by Food Storage Moms