I must confess, ice cream is one of my weaknesses. So, I thought, maybe sorbet would be a good choice to make for snacks or desserts. After researching for some awesome recipes, I found 25 that would be awesome to make. What is sorbet? Well, sorbet is made up of fresh fruits, juice, flavored water, and sugar. Here are the best of the best sorbet recipes.
What Is Sorbet and Ice Cream
Sorbet consists of fruit, water, and sugar and tends to be icier.
Ice cream is made up of cream, sugar, and fruit and is much creamier.
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Cutting board
- Good paring knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Blender, food processor, or immersion blender
- Ice cream machine
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Freezer containers for the sorbet
- Easy Watermelon Sorbet -by Thrifty Jinxy- This one is perfect for a summer BBQ! Make it ahead of time and store it in the freezer.
- Guava Sorbet – by The View From The Great Island-You only need ONE ingredient for this cool and refreshing sorbet!
- Kiwi Sorbet – by Snixy Kitchen-Enjoy this sweet icy treat that is so easy and so creamy! It only has three ingredients and one of them is water!
- Blueberry Lemon Sorbet – by Bunny’s Warm Oven-If you have 10 minutes, you have time to make this delicious and refreshing sorbet! This sorbet is easy to make and full of blueberry and lemon flavor.
- 3 Ingredient Fresh & Fruity Sorbet – by Lemon Lime Adventures-This is a super simple recipe thanks to some frozen fruit blends!
- Lime Sorbet – by Julie Blanner-When ice cream sounds too heavy, make this light and refreshing lime sorbet. You can top it with some whipped cream for a bit of a creamy taste.
- Easy 3 Ingredient Pineapple Sorbet – by Fearless Dining-Vegan? No worries! This sorbet has just 3 ingredients and is a delicious healthy treat.
- Strawberry Blackberry Sorbet – by The Little Epicurean-Turn those fresh summer berries into a delicious silky frozen treat.
- Cucumber Sorbet – by The Little Epicurean-Do you consider cucumber a fruit? Technically, it is! This sorbet may become your new summer staple.
- Pink Lemonade Lavender Thyme Sorbet – by Urban Bliss Life-The sophisticated flavors of thyme and lavender perfectly compliment the pink lemonade. You can feel fancy while enjoying a cool sorbet.
- Honeydew Sorbet – by I Heart Vegetables-With just a few ingredients, you can create this super simple sorbet. It’s a healthy, vegan, & gluten free summer treat.
- Pineapple Coconut Sorbet – by Healthy Seasonal Recipes-Pineapple and coconut are a classic combination and they come together perfectly in this sweet sorbet. It’s Sweet, tangy, spicy, creamy, and cold – everything you want for summer!
- Rich and Creamy Raspberry Sorbet – by Salt & Baker-Not only is this sorbet gorgeously vibrant, but it’s super creamy! You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Tropical Sorbet – by Create Mindfully-Your mouth will feel like you took a vacation to the tropics! You can make this sorbet right in your food processor with just 4 ingredients.
- Blueberry Mint Sorbet – by A Simple Pantry-It’s packed with blueberry flavor and a touch of mint. It whips up in just 40 minutes.
- 2 Ingredient Peach Sorbet – by Living Sweet Moments-You don’t need an ice cream machine for this creamy dessert. It’s delicious and easy to make!
- Easy Strawberry Sorbet – by Home Cooking Memories-Strawberries are plentiful in the summer, so grab a ton and make up this fresh and fruity sorbet.
- Green Tea Sorbet – by Seduction In The Kitchen-This sorbet has a minty taste, which makes it so refreshing. You can mix it up and try it with whatever green tea you prefer.
- Persimmon Ginger Sorbet – by Caroline’s Cooking-Winter fruit goes perfectly in this frozen dessert! The zingy ginger compliments the smooth, fragrant persimmon.
- Orange Juice Sorbet – by Urban Bliss Life-This sorbet is just the right blend of ice, slush, sweetness, and citrus. It’s perfectly balanced.
- Pink Lemonade Sorbet – by Sugar and Soul-For a fun vibrant sorbet, try this no-churn summer treat! It’s loaded with sour lemons and sugar – as summer should be!
- Pina Colada Sorbet – by Tidy Mom-Missing the beach? Whip up this sorbet and you’ll feel like you’re on vacation. You can add some rum for the grown-ups!
- 3 Ingredient Cherry Coconut Sorbet – by Sunkissed Kitchen-This one is made with banana, and you can serve it right out of the blender for a soft-serve type of dessert. For a more scoopable sorbet, you’ll need to freeze it for a few hours.
- Mango Pineapple Sorbet – by Finding Zest-Thanks to frozen fruit, you can enjoy this tropical treat year round! If you want to boost it, even more, add some shredded coconut and a cherry on top!
- Dragon Fruit Sorbet – by Sunkissed Kitchen-The kids will love this dragon fruit sorbet that ends up tasting like bubble gum ice cream!
I love trying new recipes, and sorbet is one dessert I have been wanting to make. It’s really hot here in Southern Utah, and this is one way I can make an inexpensive treat with ingredients I have in my home. Thanks for being prepared for the unexpected. May God bless this world, Linda