Are you ready for the best strawberry recipes in the world? I have gathered all my recipes from family and friends for today’s post. Where I live the stores are just starting to get strawberries that are ripe and juicy. I bet you can taste them just thinking about a delicious juicy strawberry, right? This year I planted my first raised garden with strawberry plants right here in Southern Utah. I have had plants before up north but not here.
I decided on the Sequoia plants because they produce larger strawberries in May of each year. I have had the ever-bearing ones, but the fruit is smaller and I would rather have large fruit for a month or two than for six months where I live. The great thing about strawberries they keep producing year after year!!
I decided I not only wanted vegetables in my yard but I wanted some fruit that would keep on producing year after year with very little work. My yard is too small for fruit trees and I’m not up to taking care of fruit trees right now in this stage of my life. I will trade, barter or whatever with people for fruit if it comes to that in my lifetime. Here is a great link about growing strawberries: Growing Plants by Bonnie Plants They show how to plant them, when to plant them, how to fertilize and everything else you need to know about gardening. It’s a great resource for composting, vegetables and so much more.
I have a PRINTABLE at the bottom of my post with all of these recipes.
Wash and remove stems from the berries and dip in freshly whipped cream. Yummy treat!
Wash and remove stems from the berries and dip them in sour cream and then brown sugar. Fabulous snack!
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Dip the fresh strawberries in the sour cream and then dip it in the brown sugar.
Quick Strawberry Soda
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- Ginger ale or 7-Up
- Spoon the jam into the drinking glass, top with the ice cream and fill with your soda of choice.
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages Kool-aid strawberry flavored powder
- 2 quarts pineapple juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups mashed strawberries
- Combine all of the ingredients together and freeze for 6-8 hours. I use a large stainless steel baking pan to store the mixture in the freezer. Break up the frozen mixture and mix with 7-Up. Serve with a ladle in a punch bowl and enjoy.
Strawberry Fluffy Delight Cake
- One white cake mix prepared as directed in a 9-inch by 13-inch pan
- One pint heavy whipping cream whipped with sugar and vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 package Danish Dessert
- Make a white cake as directed or make one from scratch. Cool. Whip the cream until fluffy. Add the sugar and cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread this mixture over the cooled white cake. Make one package of the Danish Dessert using 1-1/2 cups water instead of the two cups indicated on the box. Cool slightly and add the strawberries to the Danish Dessert. Carefully scoop and spread this mixture over the whipped cream layer. Chill the cake in between layering. Chill for 2-4 hours before serving.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- One bag of salad greens (your choice, any size)
- 6 pieces of thick bacon (cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 8-10 ounces of sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine the ingredients above in a salad bowl. Prepare salad dressing below.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 cup of your favorite balsamic vinegar (strawberry is good for this salad)
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- Use a blender to mix the ingredients for the dressing. Chill the dressing and pour it over the salad just before serving.
- 2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 20 vanilla wafer cookies
- 8 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream
- Save three fresh strawberries to garnish on top
- Mix the milk with the pudding and set aside. This recipe is great with a 2-quart glass bowl or trifle container. Scoop half of the prepared pudding in the bottom of the bowl. Next spread the cookies on top of the pudding and then place the strawberries on top of the cookies. Scoop the rest of the pudding on this layer. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a few strawberries before serving. Serve chilled.