Today, I want to share some breakfast ideas, it’s part of my canned food series. Yes, these are boxes, but we need some easy-to-make meals. I love cooking from scratch, but I wanted to see what was available at the grocery store for breakfast besides scrambled eggs and bacon.
With the price of bacon, most of us have cut way back on it anyway, right? As I walked up and down the aisles, I saw several boxes that looked great to me. Please remember to take your kids and grandkids to the store and have them choose the boxes they would like to eat after helping you make them.
These are so easy. I had forgotten how nice it is to have a box of muffins to make at the last minute! I have to tell you, these muffins are so good! I will still make muffins and quick bread from scratch, but these are so nice to have as backups. Muffin Mix Sampler Package
6 Breakfast Ideas I Recommend
In case you missed these posts:
- 11 Canned Meat Ideas I Recommend
- 11 Cans Of Fruit I Recommend
- 15 Canned Vegetables I Highly Recommend
- 18 Meals In A Can I Recommend
- 10 Awesome Facts About Canned Foods
- Canned Foods I Highly Recommend You Store
Breakfast Ideas I Recommend
I’m just giving you the heads up here, I didn’t type in all the ingredients of each of these boxes. Please inspect the ones you find at your local grocery store and decide which ones, if any, would work for you. The shelf life listed is based on the “best used by” date on the package when I purchased them this week.
I did see some gluten-free varieties, but opted not to buy those. Readers who need to watch for gluten in recipes could purchase the gluten-free options as needed.
1. Cracker Barrel® Buttermilk Baking & Pancake Mix
- Just add the mix, milk, and an egg for pancakes. Biscuits, combine mix and milk to make them.
- Shelf-Life: September 2023
I also buy the Krusteaz® brand pancake mix at Costco. It makes the fluffiest waffles and pancakes. The nice thing about the Costco option is you only have to add water. I keep a few packages in my refrigerator.
2. Betty Crocker™ Cinnamon Streusel Muffin & Quick Bread Mix
- All you need is the mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil for muffins or the quick bread.
- Shelf-Life: April 2023
I love muffins and quick bread and these cinnamon streusel muffins were easy to make and tasted like they were homemade.
3. Krusteaz® Cranberry Orange Muffin Mix
- Combine the mix with water, vegetable oil, and eggs to make these muffins.
- Shelf-Life: August 2023
It’s awesome to have a variety of muffin mixes to make at the last minute. These are really good with scrambled eggs and salads.
4. Betty Crocker™ Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin & Quick Bread Mix
- Combine the mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs to make muffins and some quick bread.
- Shelf-Life: February 2023
This box was the first one I baked. Everyone really enjoyed them. The lemon glaze was a hit for sure.
5. Pillsbury™ Banana Quick Bread & Muffin Mix
- Combine the mix with water, vegetable oil, and eggs to make the quick bread or muffins.
- Shelf-Life: July 2023
My family loves banana bread and banana muffins. I bake them from scratch all the time, but these taste awesome and are so easy to throw together and bake. I love these easy-to-make mixes!
6. Lehi Mills™ Blueberry Muffin Mix
- Mix contents with water, vegetable oil, and eggs to make the muffins.
- Shelf-Life: September 2023
Who loves blueberry muffins? My whole family does, and this company originated right here in Lehi, Utah. It’s the same company where I buy my hard white wheat. Lehi Mills in Utah
I hope you have enjoyed my canned/boxed series as much as I have writing it. Let me know what other breakfast items you have picked out before. I love cooking from scratch, but sometimes we need something in a hurry, and particularly after a disaster or emergency these will work really well. May God Bless this world, Linda