I have 20 reasons why we need aluminum foil every day, this would be the minimum number of reasons why I store it. I think I take my boxes for granted. I panic when I’m down to my last box in the pantry. We all know we use aluminum foil for different things around the house, camping and in the garage. I buy the smaller boxes as well as the larger heavy duty aluminum foil boxes. Please send me your reasons why you store foil and I will add them to my list. Thank you in advance.
Here’s the deal, we can do so many things with those boxes whether large or small. It’s a fairly inexpensive item to store, but is so versatile I can’t be without it!
20 Aluminum Foil Ideas:
1. I use it to cover casseroles.
2. I bake fish in the oven by covering the cookie sheet first with foil.
3. I love it to make “foil dinners” (meat, onions, potatoes, and garlic) for the oven, barbecue or fire pit.
4. Works great in a Dutch Oven with those sticky meals that are hard to clean out Lodge Camp Dutch Oven, 6 Qt or these Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner, 12 Pack 12″ 6Q liners, No more Cleaning, Seasoning your Dutch ovens. Lodge, Camp Chef.
5. Those aluminum foil rabbit ears STILL work.
6. Perfect drop cloth for craft painting and then throw away.
7. Make a makeshift pan for a fire pit from a few layers of heavy duty foil in a pan shape, and use large sticks or hot dog sticks covered with foil as handles.
8. Perfect to place a piece of foil below those cherry or other fruit pies baking in the oven to catch any drips.
9. Kids love to make guns, weapons, swords, dinosaurs or birds by molding the foil (after a disaster this would be a great diversion for kids).
10.Sharpen scissors by folding several pieces together and start cutting.
11.Line your barbecue grease drip drawer and replace often to avoid fire flare-ups.
12.Line the paint roller trays and remove by gathering the corners and toss when dry-no need to buy the expensive throwaway paint trays.
13. Pie crust protector-no more burnt crust edges.
14. Makes a great makeshift funnel.
15. Scrub your pots at the campfire.
16. Cover the doorknobs while painting a door to protect them from paint drips.
17. Makeshift pan for a grill.
18. If you do not have waterproof matches, cover the ones you have with foil and protect them from the rainstorm or other moisture.
19. Makeshift reflector to catch the sunshine for photographs.
20. Fireplace-place a large sheet or two of foil to gather up the ashes after they cool and are ready to discard.
The next time you see aluminum foil on sale grab an extra box…large or small, you will be glad you did!
My favorite things: