This is a very easy breakfast casserole you can make anytime! I love dishes I can make the day before and slip them in the oven the next morning. What I like about this recipe is I typically always have all the ingredients in the refrigerator, freezer, or pantry.
We serve this recipe with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. By now you probably know I love salsa on just about everything. This dish can be eaten plain or with your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
I love to serve this breakfast casserole with my homemade freshly ground whole wheat bread or with my yummy cinnamon rolls (recipe link below). Mark loves to drink freshly squeezed orange juice and a small glass of milk with his serving.
I must confess, I love table runners, I change them every month. They are not expensive, but I like to serve guests at my large over-sized table with a little frill. It’s really a dining room table, but it’s my kitchen table. It’s four feet wide and nine feet long and seats ten people comfortably.
When one of my granddaughters wrote with a permanent sharpie on the table I decided I better buy a custom glass top to protect the table from future drawings.
You have to laugh because she missed the paper and kept going with the permanent markers. Yes, we can still see the small etching, life is good.
Easy Breakfast Casserole
Here are the ingredients you need to have in order to make this easy breakfast casserole:
- Velveeta cheese
- Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- Dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread (tear into bite-size pieces)
- 2/3 pound of Velveeta cheese (cut into pieces)
- 4 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of dry mustard
- 1-2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese to put on the top of the casserole when you bake it.
- One package of Jimmy Dean sausage (small size cooked and drained)
- 6-8 slices of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch pan and place the bread cubes in the bottom. Beat the 8 eggs, then add the milk, thoroughly mix together. Add the salt and dry mustard to the egg mixture. Now, pour this egg mixture over the bread cubes in the pan. Place the cubes of Velveeta cheese over this bread and egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cook the sausage and bacon separately and drain the grease. When cooled, place in the refrigerator until the next morning. Remove the plastic wrap the following morning. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Take the cooked sausage and bacon and press down into the casserole. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours or until eggs are set.
Here’s the deal, I love cooking and eating at home. This easy breakfast casserole fits my budget and my taste buds. Every time I make this recipe and take it to a get-together people want the recipe. What’s really nice is that you can trade out the bread type, sausage, bacon, and use different cheeses. What’s not to love about a
Thanks again for prepping and being prepared for the unexpected. May God bless this world. Linda
Copyright Images: AdobeStock_92253604 Breakfast Casserole