Can you use some quick and easy slow cooker meals? I love being able to put ingredients in the slow cooker, then set and forget my dinners. I like to call these “dump” meals or dinners, sounds weird, huh? You can make a few meals ahead of time and place them in freezer bags, pull out one bag and place the ingredients inside the pan to cook on low all day. I love slow cookers!
Some of these recipes use frozen rice or pasta so I cook large batches of rice, pasta and freeze them in 2 cup freezer bags. I just grab a bag from the freezer and throw it in the slow cooker. I cook the rice in a rice cooker as directed on the package. I boil the pasta whether it’s bow tie, elbow macaroni, spaghetti or rigatoni shaped pasta al dente. Easy peasy.
Easy Slow Cooker Meals
Slow Cooker Mexican Soup Recipe
- 2-14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes do not drain
- 2-14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 peeled and chopped onion or equal amount of freeze-dried onions
- 1 carrot-sliced in bite-size pieces or 1/8 cup of dehydrated chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic-peeled and chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 30-40 pre-cooked 1-1/2 inch meatballs I buy them frozen from Costco
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the meatballs and cook in a slow cooker for about 4 hours on low. You will add the meatballs halfway through the cooking time. Cook on low for another 4 hours, about 8 hours total. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with Cilantro. Enjoy.
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 Pound hamburger-cooked-crumbled & drained or you can also use freeze dried hamburger-reconstituted and drained to equal one pound
- ¼ cup freeze dried onion-not reconstituted or 1 whole onion peeled and chopped
- 1- 16 ounce can of beans-do not drain you can use white beans, chili beans or kidney beans
- 1- 12 ounce can of corn-do not drain you can also use freeze dried corn-reconstituted
- 2- 14-15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes-do not drain
- 1-2 Tablespoons taco seasoning-depending on how spicy you want it to taste
- First, you cook, crumble and drain the hamburger. Place all the ingredients in a large pot on the stove and simmer 20-30 minutes. Or you can cook it in a slow cooker for about six hours on low. Serve with grated cheese, a dollop of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips on the top of the soup.
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Soup
- Place the following ingredients in a slow cooker and stir:
- 3 15 oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth I used 4 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon and 4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated minced garlic
- ¼ cup dehydrated minced onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper cayenne
- ¼ – 1 teaspoon air dried jalapeno peppers less or more depending on how hot you like your soup or use 1 - 4 oz. can of green chilies, drained
- ½ cup freeze-dried or dehydrated carrots
- ¼ cup freeze dried or dehydrated celery
- Cut uncooked boneless chicken breasts 2 pounds into one-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with pepper and Pink Salt or sea salt.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Add chicken to hot oil and cook until browned and no pink is visible.
- *Please note you can substitute 2- 12.5 oz cans of cooked chicken for the fresh chicken
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set to low and cook for 6-8 hours. Just before serving, remove one cup of soup mixture and puree with 2 tablespoons of sour cream. Return to slow cooker and stir. Serve soup with a scoop of sour cream and slice of avocado, if desired. Makes approximately four servings.
My Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cans of chicken 12.5-ounces each drained or substitute 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base or substitute equal amounts of water with chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry dehydrated carrots or 1-1/2 cups diced fresh carrots
- ¾ cup dry freeze dried celery or 1-1/2 cups diced fresh celery
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 package Grandma’s frozen egg noodles 11-ounces separated as directed or boil your pasta of choice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup undiluted optional
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 2-6 ounce cans tomato paste with equal amounts of water added
- 4 lbs. freshly ground beef venison, elk, turkey or cooked beans of choice
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup prepared mustard bottled-not dry
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- I fry the meat of choice with the chopped onion until browned. Add the remaining ingredients in the order shown. Cook on low in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours depending on your slow cooker temperature. Serve on buns or open-faced sandwich.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 3 cans 15 ounces each of small white beans (not drained)
- 2 cans 12.5 ounces each of canned chicken (drained)
- 1 stick butter or reconstituted powdered butter equal to one cube
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated or freeze dried-reconstituted
- ¼ ounce can of chopped green chilies
- ¼ cup freeze dried onions or 1 onion chopped
- 16- ounce jar of salsa
- sour cream to garnish
- Tortilla chips crushed for garnish
- Add all the ingredients in order into a slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve with crushed tortilla chips on the soup with a dollop of sour cream. Add a few sprigs of Cilantro, if desired.
Best Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- 2-3 pounds pork loin
- 2 cups salsa
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- no water-it is very moist on its own
- Place the pork loins in the slow cooker and top with your favorite salsa and the brown sugar. Turn your slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours, depending on the temperature of your slow cooker. Use two forks to shred the juicy tender meat right before serving.
I also use this small one: Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker