This is a very moist chocolate cake I make all the time! I used to buy a certain well-known chocolate Bundt cake until I came up with this recipe. I love this recipe because I can make the cake a few days before I need it. The day of the party I pull the cake out of the freezer and place the frozen cake on the platter I want to use. I have done this for years because I have four daughters and I always made their birthday cakes ahead of time. After you place the cake on the platter, cover with plastic wrap and just let the cake thaw until you are ready to frost and decorate.
I remember picking up one of those well-known chocolate Bundt cakes and thinking “yep it’s been frozen”, that is what makes your cakes moist. The chocolate cake below is made with a chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Cake With Whipping Cream:
This one is very popular at Christmas time or New Year’s Day! The combination of chocolate cake, whipping cream and candy canes are always popular for parties!
Chocolate Cake Secret To Make Cakes Moist:
I pull the cake out of the oven, wait 5-10 minutes depending what else is going on in the kitchen. I place some parchment paper on the cake (still in the pan) put a plate on top and flip it over onto the large dinner plate. The cake comes right out and I take it out to the freezer until frosting day. Easy peasy. If you take any one of these cakes to a party. I promise it will disappear. This recipe is the last one you will ever use for the chocolate cake. I promise. My favorite bundt cake pan: Nordic Ware Pro Form Anniversary Cake Pan, 12 Cup
Here is my favorite chocolate cake recipe:
Classic Christmas Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hine’s brand)
- 1 package INSTANT Chocolate pudding (they come in either 5 or 5.9 ounces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips (I prefer the mini-but regular will work)
- Cream Cheese Frosting or Freshly Whipped Cream sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. I place everything but the chocolate chips into the mixer bowl. I blend until completely mixed, about 1-2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips. Grease a Bundt pan and scoop the mixture into the Bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I wait for about 5-10 minutes before inverting the baked cake onto a parchment paper lined dinner plate. I freeze the cake overnight or until I need it for a party. The day of the party I remove the frozen cake and place it on the platter I will serve it on. Remove the parchment paper and cover the cake with plastic wrap until partially thawed and ready to frost and serve.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.