This is the best Spinach Bowtie Pasta Salad recipe in the world! In my humble opinion…my daughter makes this all the time and I LOVE it! It has spinach, bowtie pasta, chicken, green onions, bell peppers and sugared almonds! The dressing is light and healthy. The salad is good the next day, even with the dressing on it! BONUS!
One thing about this spinach bowtie pasta salad is the fact you can choose the amount of chicken you would like or zero chicken! You can add more spinach or less spinach. You can add more bell peppers or fewer bell peppers. More pasta or less pasta. This is a fabulous salad for family reunions…it makes a HUGE bowl of salad. Love it! Of course, you can cut the recipe way down as well. We had eleven people for dinner with homemade rolls and we had a small portion left over.
Here is the Best Spinach Bowtie Pasta Salad.
Here are some of the ingredients…this bowl is about eighteen inches across…
Best Spinach Bowtie Pasta Salad
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts cooked in the oven drizzled with olive oil. You can also use cans of chicken drained
- 2 packages 16 oz. pasta of choice. I prefer bowtie pasta. Cook as directed on package, rinse with cold water
- Green onions-one bunch sliced
- 1-16- ounce package of spinach washed, stem and tear if desired
- Bell peppers chopped red, green and yellow
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup almonds fry the almonds-stir constantly with 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- DRESSING-Mix in a blender
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
Place all the ingredients (except the dressing) in a very large bowl and cover with homemade dressing. Serve immediately.