This is my favorite fresh tomato salsa recipe! This recipe is from my friend, Kathleen. Whenever we have a neighborhood get together she brings a bowl just for me. Yep, just for me. She knows I love it. Just a small bowl to eat by myself. She brings a large bowl for the rest of the group.
The reason I love this recipe so much is that I have almost all the ingredients in my pantry. The other items like tomatoes and Cilantro are always in my garden. I keep all the different canned goods in my pantry so I can make this recipe all summer. You can make it with different beans and serve with different kinds of chips. I can actually eat it just as a meal. The great thing about this recipe is that it is a healthy and tasty treat.
It seems that so often the meals that taste the best have sugar or other things to add flavor that really isn’t good for you. Not with this tasty recipe. Eat this and feel good about it. My husband would want a piece of meat with it. I could easily be a vegetarian. I just bought some meat at Costco and I tell you the prices just keep going up. I really wish I could just raise a cow on land and feed it grass. Yes, I would have to research how to do it, but I can learn.
My favorite chopper: OXO Good Grips Chopper
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 3 cans black-eyed peas drained and rinsed or 3 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans of corn drained or 2 cups Freeze Dried Corn (hydrated with water-drain)
- 3-4 tomatoes chopped
- 3 avocados-chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro-chopped
- 1/2 sweet purple onion minced or freeze-dried onions (hydrated)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Packet-prepared or just make it yourself vinegar and oil dressing
- Mix all together with the amount of dressing you prefer, then just Salt & Pepper to taste! Serve cold with tortilla chips. Great as a side dish, too!
The Best Homemade Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
Let me know if you have a favorite fresh tomato salsa you make all the time! Have you tried the lime tortilla chips at the store? Oh, my gosh, they are yummy!