I have 25 ways to benefit from using apple cider vinegar to share with you today. Were you aware there is a difference between some versions of apple cider vinegar? You need to use raw or organic apple cider vinegar to get the most desired benefits. Not all Apple Cider Vinegar varieties are equal.
You want the “Mother” of the vinegar because it has raw enzymes that promote healing. Regular/clear cider vinegar might not have all of the health benefits you hope for. I suggest avoiding filtered vinegar as well. I call Apple Cider Vinegar a natural Elixir, one of my medicinal solutions.
The great thing about apple cider vinegar is that it’s pretty cheap to buy and will store for at least 5 years (the brand Braggs does anyway). Check the expiration dates for other brands. Sometimes the apple cider vinegar can last past the expiration date, just like you experience with other products. I always say “When in doubt, throw it out” if you are questioning the dates.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Apple cider vinegar can help lower blood pressure, studies have shown.
2. Diarrhea: try mixing a little in water-the pectin content helps treat diarrhea-sip on it.
3. It helps with hiccups: eases the diaphragm spasms that cause them.
4. Soothes sore throats: mix equal amounts of ACV with water and gargle every hour or so.
5. Helps prompt sinus drainage if you have a sinus headache or infection:1 teaspoon of ACV in a glass of water relieves a stuffy nose.
6. Indigestion: helps settle the stomach since sometimes we eat too much or we eat the wrong types of food. Also helps with heartburn.
7. Rub the Apple Cider Vinegar on swollen joints, feet, etc. Dilute if your skin is sensitive. I use it on my arthritis, it feels great while cooling my joints.
8. Yeast infections: add 1-1/2 cups ACV in your bathtub of warm water. Do this once a day for at least 30 minutes for at least three days.
9. Natural aftershave: mix equal parts of water and ACV before applying to your face.
10. Great for toenail, foot fungus: soak in water/ACV diluted mixture or apply directly to the fungus.
Soothe A Sunburn
11. Soothe a sunburn with a clean rag dipped in it, it cools the warm hot sunburn and is so refreshing.
12. Dandruff: mix equal parts and let set on your hair for one hour or less.
13. Boosts your energy: relieves that tired feeling, one to two tablespoons in a glass of juice or water.
14. You know those age-spots some of us get on our skin: rub a little on them every day, rinse off in the shower if desired. I leave it on all night.
15. Natural hair conditioner that makes your hair shiny and healthy, and the price is very reasonable.
16. Bad breath: mix 1/2 tablespoon in 1 cup water and gargle a little at a time.
17. Deodorant: rub a little under the arm and ACV smell dissipates.
18. Great for acne issues: dab a little on. Make a mixture of one part vinegar with 3-4 parts water. It has some antibacterial properties to help heal acne.
19. Natural tooth whitener: rub some on a clean rag and rub on those teeth. It kills bacteria in your gums and mouth.
Great For Meals
20. Make your own salad dressings: so much healthier, and you know what is in your salad dressing.
Cleaning Your Home
21. Clean your tile with one cup ACV and a bucket of water, it makes cleaning a breeze.
22. I make a spray bottle with 2 cups ACV and 1 cup water: it cleans windows, countertops, you name it.
23. Natural room freshener: pour 1/8 cup in your toilet. It freshens the room almost immediately.
Use On Pets
24. I used to use it on my Shih Tzu’s “hot spots” to clean and heal them.
25. Cats do not like the smell of vinegar. It should help from having “accidents” around the house.
Please remember, I am not a doctor or medical professional. I just know I want to learn more natural ways to heal my body. We need to be prepared for the unexpected. Using apple cider vinegar is fairly inexpensive. It would go pretty far when mixed with water and be a natural healer when needed. You must decide what is right for you and your family. If regular medications are not available I must learn other types of healing. These are just a few of the benefits I know, if you have some, I would love to add them to this list. I love Epsom Salts as well!