I have 35 reasons why you should store vinegar, any kind of vinegar. I’m updating this post from some old articles I have written. Here’s the deal with vinegar, white vinegar or cider vinegar are both fairly cheap to buy and will store indefinitely. You need to be aware that not all vinegar will store forever. They are acidic and therefore will store a lot longer than any oils, but keep in mind they will ferment. I know, because I have purchased some flavored balsamic vinegar and after a few years they are too strong for me to put on my bread or salads.
Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering right now for a really good balsamic vinegar and olive oil with crusty bread to dip in the mixture. Today though this is about white vinegar and cider vinegar. So let’s get started.
Why I store vinegar:
1. You can remove stickers from painted furniture. Dampen the edges with it and carefully scrape it off with a scraper.
2. Refresh your refrigerator…..use equal parts white vinegar and water to wash both the interior and exterior of the refrigerator.
3. Clean your microwave with a bowl filled with 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup water. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Use the solution after microwaving with a soft cloth to wipe down the inside of the microwave.
4. Deodorize your garbage disposal. Mix equal parts water and vinegar and pour down the drain and rinse with hot water.
5. Clean your walls by making an all purpose cleaner with 2 parts water, 1 part distilled white vinegar and a couple drops of dishwater liquid. Spray on walls as needed and wipe down.
6. Protect blonde hair from chlorine in swimming pools. Keep it from turning green by rubbing 1/4 cup cider vinegar into your hair and letting it set in before swimming.
7. Treat an active cold sore. Use a cotton ball saturated in white vinegar and dab on the cold sores three to four times a day. Vinegar will soothe the pain and swelling of the cold sore. It usually dries up quickly using this solution.
8. Soften your cuticles in a bowl of undiluted white vinegar for 5-6 minutes right before a manicure.
9. Brighten your clothes with 1/2 cup white vinegar instead of bleach.
10. Remove crayon marks on children’s clothing by rubbing the stains off with a recycled toothbrush in undiluted vinegar before washing.
What’s really great about vinegar…its not very expensive….the many uses are never ending…get another bottle the next time you go to the store.
Have you heard about all the apple cider vinegar benefits you may want to use? Were you aware there is a difference between some versions of apple cider vinegars? You need to use raw or organic apple cider vinegars to get the desired benefits. Not all Apple Cider Vinegar are equal. You want the “Mother” of the vinegar because it has raw enzymes that promote healing. Regular/clear cider vinegar might not have all of the healthy benefits you hope for. I suggest avoiding the filtered vinegar…as well. I call Apple Cider Vinegar a natural Elixir….one of my medicinal solutions.
Here are some apple cider vinegar benefits:
11. Apple cider vinegar can lower blood pressure, studies have shown.
12. Diarrhea-try mixing a little in water-the pectin content helps treat diarrhea-sip on it.
13. Helps with hiccups-eases the diaphragm spasms that cause them.
14. Soothes sore throats-mix equal amounts of ACV with water and gargle every hour or so.
15. Helps prompt sinus drainage if you have a sinus headache or infection-1 teaspoon of ACV in a glass of water relieves a stuffy nose.
16. Indigestion-helps settle the stomach – sometimes we eat too much or we eat the wrong types of food…helps with heartburn.
17. Rub the Apple Cider Vinegar on swollen joints, feet, etc. Dilute if your skin is sensitive. I use it on my arthritis…it feels great while cooling my joints.
18. Yeast infections-add 1-1/2 cups ACV in your bathtub of warm water. Do this once a day for at least 30 minutes for at least three days.
19. Natural aftershave-mix equal parts water and ACV before applying to your face.
20. Great for toenail, foot fungus…soak in water/ACV diluted mixture or apply directly to the fungus.
21. Soothe a sunburn with a clean rag dipped in it – it cools the warm hot sunburn and is so refreshing.
22. Dandruff-mix equal parts and let set on your hair for one hour or less.
23. Boosts your energy-relieves that tired feeling…one to two tablespoons in a glass of juice or water.
24. You know those age spots some of us get on our skin….rub a little on them every day..rinse off in the shower if desired…I leave them on all night
25. Natural hair conditioner that makes your hair shiny and healthy and the price is very reasonable. One reader on Facebook mentioned she uses it once a month to remove the grime from shampoo and conditioners!
26. Bad breath-mix 1/2 tablespoon in 1 cup water and gargle a little at a time.
27. Deodorant-rub a little under the arm and ACV smell dissipates.
28. Great for acne issues…dab a little on…make a mixture of one part vinegar with 3-4 parts water, it has some antibacterial properties to help heal acne.
29. Natural tooth whitener—-rub some on a clean rag and rub on those teeth, it kills bacteria in your gums and mouth.
Meals-store vinegar for salad dressings
30. Make your own salad dressings…so much healthier because you know what is in your salad dressing.
31. Clean your tile with one cup ACV and a bucket of water–makes cleaning a breeze.
32. I make a spray bottle with 2 cups ACV and 1 cup water–cleans windows, countertops..you name it.
33. Natural room freshener-pour 1/8 cup in your toilet….it freshens the room almost immediately.
Pets-please store vinegar
34. I use to use it on my Shih Tzu’s “hot spots” to clean and heal them.
35. Cats do not like the smell of vinegar. It should help from having “accidents” around the house.
Please remember, I am not a doctor or medical professional. I just know I want to learn more natural ways to heal my body. I want to be prepared for the unexpected. Apple Cider Vinegar is fairly inexpensive. It will go pretty far when mixed with water and be a natural healer when needed. You must decide what is right for you and your family. If regular medications are not available I must learn other types of healing.These are just a few of the Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits I know if you have some, I would love to add them to this list. I love Epsom Salts as well! Please store vinegar, you’ll be gald you did.
My favorite things: