I have 20 reasons why I store aluminum foil today. This would be the minimum number of reasons why I store it. We all know we use aluminum foil for different things around the house, camping and in the garage. I buy the smaller boxes as well as the larger heavy duty aluminum foil boxes.
I know I get a few emails saying aluminum foil causes Dementia and Alzheimers, and I shouldn’t use it. Here’s the deal almost everything we eat, smell or drink causes some disease. I’m sorry, but I am who I am and I will continue to use foil. Please do your own research if you are concerned. I also use parchment paper, maybe I will make some pumpkin cookies today.
Here are the 20 Reasons I Store Aluminum Foil:
1. I use it to cover casseroles
2. I bake fish in the oven by covering the cookie sheet first with foil
3. I love it to make “foil dinners” (meat, onions, potatoes, and garlic) for the oven, barbecue or fire pit
4. Works great in a Dutch Oven with those sticky meals that are hard to clean out
5. Those aluminum foil rabbit ears STILL work
6. Perfect drop cloth for craft-painting and then throw away
7. Make a makeshift pan for a fire pit-form a few layers of heavy duty foil in a pan shape and use large sticks or hot dog sticks covered with foil as handles
8. Perfect to place a piece of foil below those cherry pies baking in the oven
9. Kids love to make guns, weapons, swords, dinosaurs or birds by molding the foil (in a disaster this would be a great diversion for kids)
10. Sharpen scissors by folding several pieces together and start cutting
11. Line your barbecue grease drip drawer and replace often to avoid fire flare ups
12. Line the paint roller trays and remove by gathering the corners and toss when dry-no need to buy the expensive throw away paint trays
13. Pie crust protector-no more burnt crust edges
14. Makes a great makeshift funnel
15. Scrub your pots at the campfire
16. Cover the doorknobs while painting a door to protect them from paint
17. Make shift pan for a grill
18. If you do not have waterproof matches-cover the ones you have with foil and protect them from the rainstorm or snow
19. Makeshift reflector to catch the sunshine for photographs
20. Fireplace-place a large sheet or two of foil to gather up the ashes after they cool and are ready to discard.
The next time you see aluminum foil on sale grab an extra box…large or small, you’ll be glad you did!
Please store aluminum foil for emergencies if nothing else. Thanks again for being prepared for the unexpected.