What is pink salt? It’s a pure Himalania pink salt harvested in a mountainous area about 400 miles inside the Hunza Valley. Someone mentioned the product to me…I said what is pink salt? Of course, then I had to know what it is…that’s how I roll. The next thing I know I am running to a local health store and checking to see if they had it. Oh yes, they know all about it. You can buy it in a five-pound bag, a smaller coarse crystals container and even the stuff in a grinder as well.
Here are some interesting facts about this product:
1. Non-GMO product verified
2. Contains a full spectrum of 84 minerals and trace elements, just like Mother Nature intended for us all
3. Hand mined, hand washed and sun dried
4. Great food storage item-we all need salt
5. Makes a great exfoliating scrub
6. Helps prevent muscle cramps
7. It naturally promotes sleep
8. Regulates the pH balance of your cells
9. Supports respiratory health
10. Promotes healthy bones
11. Crystal salt contains zero environment pollutants
12. Vital for our nervous system (brain)
13. White salt is like white sugar….it is missing the minerals our bodies need
14. Sea Salt is better than ordinary table salt. Pink salt is better than sea salt, according to what I have been researching.
15. Our bodies do in fact need salt to sustain a healthy body
Everyone must decide what salt, if any works, for you and your family. I am partial to Real Salt because it is harvested right here in Utah. BUT now that I am reading the literature on Pink Salt…..hmmmm. Yep, I will still store my favorite Real Salt, but I will also add some Himalania Pink Salt to the food storage pantry.
One of my favorite stores here in St. George, Utah is The Kitchen Corner. They helped me learn all about the different salts to buy and how to use them when cooking or baking. I grew up on Morton Salt. Yep, the navy blue box. I did learn that coarser salts are better on meats. I would love to barbecue a yummy steak with this pink salt just to see if I could tell the difference. Well, steaks are not in my budget….maybe I will barbecue a pork roast.