Before I start giving you my ten great ways to use castile soap everyday, I want to make you are aware I purchased this product myself. I am doing a review for myself and for you my awesome readers. I kept reading about this castile soap. I read that it describes a type of soap that is 100 percent plant oils…no animal by-products like tallow/fat in commercial soap.
So I bought some from Amazon.com and started using it myself. I did contact the staff online through Dr.Bronner’s website to see if I could use their website link on my website so people could read more about it. They appreciated the fact that I asked before I used it. I thought that was very nice. What I LOVE about this product is that is it an inexpensive, environmentally friendly, biodegradable soap without the chemicals present in most other soaps. So we can use it to be green for cleaning and personal care use as well! I love all the essential oil scents….LOVE it!
Okay so here is the real deal (note the ratios are castile soap to water):
Brush Your Teeth With Castile Soap
1.Brush your teeth, yes I tried it and LOVED it! You only need a few drops and you just brush your teeth without the harsh chemicals in the tubes we might purchase at our local grocery stores. Yes, I got the giggles the first time I tried it. But I am sold on it now!
Clean Your Countertops & More
2. Light cleaning: mix 1:4 ratio. Yes, you will save $$$$ using this castile soap! I am using a spray bottle when I dilute it. I use it full-strength from the original bottle if it is really greasy cleaning. I LOVE all the oil fragrances.
3. Dish soap: I use a 1:1 ratio….talk about a way to save $$$$
4. Mop the floor solution: Add your favorite one (mine is Eucalypus) to a bucket of water-3 Tablespoons works for me.
Body Wash-Shampoo-Shaving-Pet Care
5. Body washing: Get wet and use a few drops of your favorite full-strength fragrance above….plus you can choose from many more on their website.
6. Shampoo your hair: Mix 1:3 ratio. These are high foaming soaps so they work great. If you had long hair I would recommend a conditioner. Dr. Bronner’s group has a conditioner, I just haven’t tried it.
7. Shaving: you use it like shaving cream…it lathers up really well and because it is made with essential oils your razor just slides…and no I have not talked my husband into using it yet. It sits beautifully on the bathroom counter waiting to be tried…just saying…..
8. Dog Shampoo: 2:1 ratio….I used the Lavender on my dog, Boston. You just have to be careful with the solution by their eyes, nose and mouth.
Vegetable Wash Made With Castile Soap
9. Vegetable Wash: add 1 Tablespoon to 2 cups of water…spray your fruit and veggies when needed.
Castile Soap Insecticide
10. Insecticide: general purpose spray for our indoor plants as well as outdoor plants. I use 1 Tablespoon (Peppermint) per 1/2 gallon of water.
Here is a link to Dr.Bronner’s website: https://www.drbronner.com/
You can also buy it on Amazon.com. I really want to try the lemon next time. I love the smell from all of the fragrances just so you know. Here’s to cleaning a little more naturally….
These are my three favorite ones: