I have written a few posts on how to wash your clothes when you have no power. I’m always looking for new options to wash clothes after a disaster. Well, EarthEasy asked me if I would do a review on a Scrubba Wash Bag (TM). I jumped at the chance. I always like trying new ideas. I love the Scrubba Wash Bag(TM) because it’s small and you can use it for camping or after a disaster. You can fold it or roll it into a small bundle to fit in your pocket. Now we can have clean underwear if we use an RV, trailer or go on camping trips. Remember, we all need a way to wash a few clothes after a disaster or unforeseen emergency. If we lose power we will not have our fabulous washer and dryer to wash our clothes. We all need a backup plan. The laundromats will not be open if we have a community power outage, just something to think about. This washing bag is a great backup plan.
You basically open the package, fill the green bag with a few dirty clothes, add a very small amount of detergent and some water, roll the top a couple of times and click the ends together. Pinch the air deal to release the air in the bag and start swishing it or massaging the bag with your hands. Next, you drain the dirty water, fill with fresh water to rinse your clothes and roll the top a couple of times and click the ends together. Pinch the air deal and swish the bag around, drain and hang up your clean clothes. Easy peasy to wash your clothes.
Wash Your Clothes
- This Scrubba Wash Bag (TM) weighs a mere 5 ounces when empty and will fit in any backpack or suitcase.
- You can wash your underwear when you are on vacation, skip the laundromat.
- If you are camping, you could wash your lightweight clothes (not jeans-too heavy) with a few gallons of water, rinse them and hang them up to dry.
- You won’t forget the instructions on how to use this baby because they are printed in clear view on the bag, yay!
- You can fill it with three gallons of water, but one gallon works great.
- It has a valve to release the air pressure so you can massage or swish the laundry around the built-in washboard. I love this!
- It makes a perfect machine washing experience using very little water or space.
- You can see through the clear sides of the bag to see how the wash is doing.
Care & Maintenance
The next two paragraphs I am quoting from the EarthEasy website:
Your Scrubba™ Wash Bag will last much longer if you look after it. Follow these steps to maximize the lifespan of your Scrubba™:
- Rinse, invert and dry after each use. While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag uses microbial and hydrolysis resistant polyether TPU, air drying the inside of the bag will help it last longer and make it more hygienic.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or heat: exposure to temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius can damage the inner and outer coatings of the bag. Where possible, dry the bag in the shade (it doesn’t take long).
- Take care when washing clothes with zips, buckles or other hard features: Wrapping the clothes to cover zippers, buckles or other hard features can minimize damage to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag.
- Avoid sharp or abrasive surfaces: While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag is designed to tackle rough terrain, where possible select the least abrasive surface available when washing clothes. As with all waterproof products, also try to avoid twigs, rocks, and other objects to avoid puncture.
The Washing Machine That Gives Back Clean Water
The Scrubba™ Wash Bag is the washing machine that gives back clean water. A portion of the proceeds goes towards providing clean drinking water in areas of the world with those in need. Supported projects include:
- $15,000 contributed to provide clean water to a school in Bangladesh
- $1000 donated by the Scrubba™ Wash Bag to the World Vision Emergency and Preparedness Fund
- Contribution to and on-going involvement with Charity: Water
- $1000 contribution to Rift Valley Reservoir Project (Kenya) with the help from our IndieGoGo campaign supporters. End of quote.
I highly recommend one of these bags for use after a disaster, but also for camping and travelling. You will save money and time by using one of these washing machine bags. Thanks again for being prepared for the unexpected. May God bless you for your efforts.