Today I am sharing why I store lavender oil for survival. Here’s the deal, I am not promoting any particular company, but I do feel that I need to store certain essential oils for survival after a disaster or unforeseen emergency. Here is a link on the FDA website on aromatherapy and essential oils. I use several different essential oils for different health benefits, but not to cure a disease. I love essential oils, but today I am going to talk about lavender. I took a C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) multi-week class and learned a lot of things. I learned how to implement a triage for injured individuals, make splints, use a fire hose to put out a small fire and much more. If the classes are available in your area I highly recommend taking them.
In the classes, we had different professionals each week talk about different critical subjects. The mental health director was my favorite speaker. She talked about how to handle people who may become out of control with fear after a disaster. She explained we need to stay in control and not show fear ourselves or it may ignite extreme situations we could not control. My point is this, we need something to calm people. If some of the people after a disaster do not have the required medications they need I am very worried what will happen. If the pharmacies are closed or the roads are not drivable what can we do as neighbors, friends or family? I will massage some lavender oil on someone’s shoulders if they will let me.
I like buying essential oils because I do not need a prescription and they do comfort and soothe your body, in my opinion. Let’s get started why I store lavender oil. It’s been used for centuries because of its cleaning and healthful properties.
9 Reasons I Store Lavender Oil
- Emergency salve: you can rub the oil topically on a minor cut or burn.
- Disinfect your living areas to fight germs.
- It helps with depression, the smell has a very relaxing, calming effect.
- I use it for arthritis, it relieves pain and soreness.
- It’s great for bee stings or bug bites, it eliminates the sting feeling.
- It helps with anxiety, the aroma is calming.
- It helps relieve the pain and soreness from sprains.
- It’s fabulous in the diffuser, here again, calming aroma.
- It’s a natural antiseptic.
Keep a bottle by the bathtub, talk about heavenly relaxation……life is good with lavender essential oils.