Have you made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies dipped in chocolate? When I start seeing the leaves turn colors up on the mountainside I know fall is right around the corner. I love to make cookies when it gets too cold to work outside in my yard. If I make cookies somehow they always involve chocolate and chocolate chips. Yep, I would say I am a chocoholic…
This recipe is my mother-in-law’s recipe and another one of our family’s favorites. Today I decided to dip the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in milk chocolate, dark chocolate and I drizzled white chocolate on some as well. I also added some Salba Chia to the recipe. This recipe makes a lot of cookies depending on the size scoop you use. This recipe is awesome for neighborhood gatherings and family reunions. Everyone loves homemade cookies, right? This is my favorite cookie sheet: Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Dipped In Chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups butter-softened
- 29- ounce can of 100% pure pumpkin *not pumpkin pie mix
- 6 cups white flour or freshly ground hard white wheat
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-12- ounce package chocolate chips I like the dark mini chips
- Wilton candy melt chocolate-1 bag optional
- Cream the sugar, eggs, butter and the canned pumpkin until blended.
- Start adding the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips to the creamed mixture above. When totally blended slowly add the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful size scoops onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. When cool dip the cookies in the chocolate below, this is optional.
- Melt the “Wilton” candy melt chocolate pieces for dipping in the microwave. Dip the cookies in the mixture and set aside to harden.
Enjoy! Keep on preparing for the unexpected. May God bless this world.