The biggest question I get asked is, “How do I get started with a food storage supply and emergency preparations.” It can be so overwhelming, can’t it! When it comes to adding foods for daily and emergency use, I really like using the Home Store Q at Thrivelife.com. It allows me to make a checklist of everything I will want to buy and store, but doesn’t make me break my budget trying to buy it all at once.
I always suggest every family write down their favorite foods that we will now call your food storage supply on a piece of paper. Then look for those fruit, vegetables, etc. in the Thrive store. Thrive also has a gluten free food storage supply: Thrive Gluten Free Food.
So, how does it work? In just a few easy steps you can select food items that you know your family will eat now or in an emergency. Once you have selected items, you tell the Home Store Q how much money each month you can spend without going into debt. On a set date each month, Thrive will select items from your list and deliver them to your home (or you can go to your Home Store Q online to make changes to what you want delivered that month.) The items mailed to you will be charged to your credit card and will cost pretty close to the budgeted amount you have chosen (sometimes it is a little under or over the budgeted amount, so be sure to review the email they will send you before shipment.) It’s as simple as that!
How to set up a Food Storage Supply with Linda’s Thrive Life Store Link:
- Begin by going to the Food Storage Moms Thrive Website: Food Storage Moms Thrive Life Store.
- Look for the “My Q” tab at the top of the page. Click on it.
- Click on the button that says, “Get Started.”
- You will see a page that asks you to log-in with an existing account or create an account. It will also ask you which “Preferred Package Sizing” of pantry cans or #10 cans you want. You can check either one, but just know you can change it to whatever sizes you want later during your ordering process.
- Once you’ve logged in with your user name and password or created a new account, you’ll arrive at a shopping page. There are some hints that pop up at the beginning that might come in handy so take a minute to check them out or watch the video they’ve created to help you.
- There are three sections to shop in: Plans and Packages, Recipes, and Individual Food. Each section allows you to add a variety of foods to your Q. You can add as many items to the Q as you want (you’ll select how much you want to spend each month later for your food storage supply.)
- In “Individual Food” you can filter the categories to search for items you may want. For example: In the “Filter By” section select “Vegetables” in the drop down box. You will see an amazing selection of vegetable products you can choose from. Let’s say you want to add freeze dried green beans to your Q. Click on the picture of the green beans to get more product information and to select what package size you prefer (i.e. pantry cans, #10 cans, or cases.) There’s a slide gadget to let you adjust the frequency you want this item shipped to you. With a “low” frequency selected, the item will be shipped to you less often than an item with a “high” frequency. Once you’ve selected your package size and adjust the slide to the frequency of deliveries you desire, check the “+Add” button to include it in your Q.
- Continue to select as many different items from all the categories (fruits, grains, dairy, etc.) that fit your family’s needs. Don’t add items they won’t eat! This is your food storage supply but they must like the stuff. Each added item will appear to the right in a separate column so you can see what you’ve selected. You can click on the items to make adjustments to sizes and frequency of delivery. You can also click on the “x” to remove an item from your Q.
- Click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page once you’ve finished adding your food storage supply items to the Q.
- This page is where you’ll set up how much you want to spend each month to add items to your food storage. You can set the budget amount lower or higher depending on what you can afford. If your income changes, you can lower or raise the amount any time after the three month commitment period. Next, fill in your shipping information with the address you’ll want your food storage items to be delivered to, the delivery method you want (shipped to your home (small fee) or pick-up at the store in American Fork, UT), the monthly delivery date you want your Q shipments to start, and click the box to agree to a three month commitment. NOTE: During the three month commitment period you cannot lower your budget amount or cancel your Q. AFTER the three month commitment period you can cancel all future orders if you want to and raise or lower your budgeted amount.
- You can also sign up for the Q Club on this page for $79.99 or receive it free if you set your budget at $100 or more. The Q Club is a rewards club that offers a variety of savings and additional perks.
- Click the “continue” button at the bottom of the page once you’ve finished entering information on the budget page.
- This page shows you what the date of shipment will be and the items that will be shipped. You can make changes to add or remove items, if desired. Items will be randomly selected by Thrive and shipped unless you make changes. The costs of the monthly shipments can sometimes be a little more than your budgeted amount, so be sure to check each month to make sure you are prepared for the money that will be deducted from your bank account to pay for your selected food storage supply items.
- Click the “continue” button to go to the credit card information page. Enter your credit card type, credit card number, expiration date, and card verification number. Be sure to verify that your shipping address is correct. Click “Begin Shipments” to start the process of filling your cupboards with food storage supply items.
That’s all there is to it! What an easy way to start your food storage supply and emergency preparations! You’re now on your way to feeling secure and ready for an emergency. You’ll love that feeling! I do make a little money from each purchase and I thank you for that. It helps support my website expenses. Please let me know which items you would like in your food storage supply. You can sit back and relax knowing you have set up a Q to have your food storage supply start to fill your pantry. One #10 can at a time.