Can you use 9 quick and easy slow cooker appetizers? I love my slow cookers for entertaining because I can set and forget them with slow cooker appetizers for a few hours while I wait for my guests. One reader recently made a comment mentioning she had several slow cookers she would use for parties. She would line them up on the counter and guests could enjoy the recipes she had prepared. This is a fabulous idea! I only have three slow cookers but I’m thinking I want to invite a few friends over and have everyone bring a slow cooker with an appetizer to share with the recipe in hand.
There is something yummy about a warm appetizer, right? Of course, I love any kind of dip or sauce at parties, so I am first in line for the warm or hot appetizers. I have one small slow cooker but I might need to buy a few more over the next year or so for parties or gatherings at my house. This is similar to the one I have: Crock Pot SCR250-POLKA 2-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Polka Dot Pattern I would love a polka dot crockpot! Mine is plain white but it works!
Slow Cooker Appetizers
1. Spicy Buffalo Meatball Appetizer
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the Franks Hot Sauce, brown sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Place the precooked meatballs in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cook for about 2-3 hours on low, or until warmed through. Serve with toothpicks, buttermilk dressing, and celery sticks if desired.
2. Stacie’s Green Chilis Bean Dip
- 1 can bean dip
- 1-4- ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 1-16- ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Layer the ingredients above in the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for about 2-4 hours or until warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
3. Little Smokies (hot dogs) Sweet & Sassy Appetizer
- 12-18 ounce jar grape jelly
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 3 pounds Little Smokies
Grab a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and set it on low. When heated through, take it to the party with toothpicks. Everyone loves this one! If you keep some little smokies in your freezer and a couple of jars of jelly and chili sauce in your pantry, this is easy peasy to make and take!
4. My Favorite Chile Con Queso Dip
- 40- ounce can chili without beans
- 2- pounds Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 16- ounce jar Picante sauce I use mild
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until melted and warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
5. Linda’s Cream Cheese Dip
- 2-8- ounce packages of cream cheese softened cubed
- 3-16- ounce cans of chili without beans
- 2 cups grated or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until melted or warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
6. Cream Chipped Beef Dip
- 8- ounce package of cream cheese softened cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chip beef cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions chopped or 1 tablespoon air-dried green onions
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir occasionally to combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, beef, onions, and milk until warmed through. Serve with Fritos.
7. My Favorite Nacho Dip
- 3 pounds of Velveeta cheese
- 1-10-3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2-4- ounce cans chopped green chilies
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 2-4 hours, or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.
8. Hot & Spicy Dip
- 1- pound cooked ground beef drained
- 1- pound Mexican Velveeta cheese cubed
- 8- ounce jar salsa I use mild
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker until melted and heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.
9. Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 1 9-ounce frozen spinach (thaw and drain the liquid)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- 1 15-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts (chopped fine and drained)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until heated through. Serve with baguette sliced bread.
Let me know if you have made some slow cooker appetizers, I would love to hear from you. Let’s get to know our neighbors and be prepared for the unexpected.
My friend Mary Ellen has this fabulous recipe: Pizza Dip Appetizer