There are at least 25 Reasons To Add Chia To Your Diet today that I am going to share with you. I have done other posts about these seeds in the past, but sometimes we need to see the health benefits more than a few times. There is a huge difference between the different Chia seeds. I prefer Salba Chia because of how it is harvested and regulated to produce/bring to market. I remember once seeing something on TV about organic foods. I was really surprised to see that some well known so called whole food/natural food store chains were labeling their products as organic. It turns out the foods were produced in other countries that do not have any regulations as to whether or not it is really organic. Here I was paying more $$$ for the so-called organic….urghhh!
This brings me back to why I only buy this brand. Here is some information I have taken directly off Salba Smart’s website:
“When it comes to nutrition, Salba Chia is the cream of the crop, literally. Our premium Salba Chia has been scrupulously cultivated through years of research by our talented growers, Adolfo and Alfredo Mealla. Made from the only two registered varieties of Salvia hispanica L. – the botanical name of the chia plant- Salba is the most superior form of chia on the planet. We’re talking the class valedictorian and Hercules of chia.
As the big seed on campus, Salba Chia is the only variety of chia suitable for University research. When it comes to research, consistent nutrient makes up is essential for accurate clinical results. The Maella brothers worked for years to develop a harvest that would meet these strict quality standards of Dr. Vladimir Vuksan at the University of Toronto, St. Michaels Medical Center. Salba Chia is so smart it has been to University, and passed with flying colors”. End of quote.
Here are 25 Reasons To Add Chia To Your Diet:
1. High fiber
2. Lowers Cholesterol
3. Regulates bowel function
4. Rich in antioxidants-protects the body from free radicals-aging-cancer
5. High in minerals, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium-helps prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight
6. Great for energy metabolism
7. Lowers food cravings between meals
8. No Gluten-or grains
9. Satiety-makes you fill full and satisfied-gelling action from chia seeds
10. Lowers triglycerides while increasing the HDL or good cholesterol
11. These seeds can play an important role in regulating insulin levels
12. They are high in Omega-3 fatty acids
13. These seeds can help reduce inflammation from arthritis
14. Enhances cognitive performance
15. One tablespoon has more calcium than a glass of milk
16. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language-runners and warriors used it for running food
17. Energy Food
18. It can prolong hydration-it absorbs 12 times its weight in water-retains moisture
19. They can be sprouted and added to salads
20. Perfect to add to muffins, smoothies, bread, scrambled eggs-added health benefits
21. Supports heart health-contains essential fatty acids
22. 20% protein, which is much higher than wheat or rice-thus providing high energy
23. Weight loss-helps boost metabolism and promote lean muscle mass
24. Soothes and cleanses the colon
25. Salba Chia Gram for Gram provides: (courtesy of Salba Smart Website)
“325% more fiber than oatmeal, 800% more Omega-3 (ALA) than salmon (EPA/DHA), 30% more antioxidants than blueberries (based on ORAC values), 1500% more magnesium than broccoli, 200% more potassium than bananas, THREE TIMES more IRON than SPINACH!” End of quote.
I recommend storing extra seeds in your food storage stash and in your pantry for every day use! Here is to our health and strength! My favorite One