I know we are all wanting to get to know our neighbors, so I have to share my quick-easy appetizers my family makes for every holiday. Not all of them are used every time, we switch our favorites for different holidays. I love to have people over to my house and one of my favorite ways to entertain is to have a HUGE array of appetizers so friends can grab a plate and eat appetizers as we laugh and have a good time together.
If you have a slow cooker or two you can make these a few hours before the party and just relax right before the get-together. These recipes are great for holidays like I said, but awesome to take to parks for family reunions. I think every family has made at least one or two of these over the years because we keep passing our favorite recipes on to friends and new family members. I have to tell you, I could have appetizers every day of the week and skip dinner. Well, maybe not every night, but several nights each month. Some of these recipes are even better the next day, if there is any left that is! Enjoy! I have the PRINTABLE recipes below.
1. Spicy Buffalo Meatball Appetizer
- For the Spicy Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce Frank’s RedHot Original Red Hot Sauce – 12 oz
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Meatballs-precooked (about 40-50-depending on size)-I buy the frozen ones at Costco
- Combine the Franks Hot Sauce, brown sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the brown sugar dissolves. Place the precooked meatballs in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cook for about 2-3 hours on low, or until warmed through. Serve with toothpicks, buttermilk dressing, and celery sticks if desired.
2. Stacie’s Green Chilies Bean Dip
- 1 can bean dip
- 1-4-ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 1-16-ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
Layer the ingredients above in the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for about 2-4 hours or until warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
3. Little Smokies (hot dogs) Sweet & Sassy Appetizer
- 12 or 18-ounce jar of grape jelly
- 12-ounce jar of chili sauce
- Three pounds of Little Smokies
Combine the ingredients in the slow cooker and set on low for 2-4 hours, or until warmed through. Serve with toothpicks.
4. My Favorite Chile Con Queso Dip
- 40-ounce can chili without beans
- 2-pounds Velveeta Cheese (cubed)
- 16-ounce jar Picante sauce (I use mild)
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until melted and warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
5. Linda’s Cream Cheese Dip
- 2-8-ounce packages of cream cheese softened (cubed)
- 3-16-ounce cans of chili without beans
- 2 cups grated or shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until melted or warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
6. Cream Chipped Beef Dip
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese softened (cubed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chip beef cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions chopped or 1 tablespoon air-dried green onions
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
7. My Favorite Nacho Dip
- 3 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 1-10-3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2-4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 2-4 hours, or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.
8. Hot & Spicy Dip
- 1-pound cooked ground beef, drained
- 1-pound Mexican Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 8-ounce jar salsa (I use mild)
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker until melted and heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.
9. Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 1-9-ounce frozen spinach, thaw it and squeeze the liquid out of it
- 1-8-ounce package cream cheese (cubed & softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley
- 1-15-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped fine and drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours, or until heated through. Serve with baguette sliced bread.
PRINTABLE recipes: Quick-Easy Appetizers by Food Storage Moms
Let me know if you have love appetizers as much as I do! Anyone having a party this weekend or a family get-together?
My favorite things: